June has been such an exciting month. My blog was featured in Mamas and Papas Magazine!! You can read the article here , and I was nominated for the Liebster award!! I was totally taken by surprise as I read through Ayesha Bayat’s first blog post, to see that she had chosen me among the nominees for The Liebster Award!! Ayesha blogs over at Kaleidoscoping Me and has a business called Bombelino, you can check out here.
The Liebster award is an award which is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It is a great opportunity to give recognition to great bloggers out there and to grow each others’ readers.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you through your blog and social media and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will do the same as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget”.
- Answer the questions by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media and provide a link for them to your post . Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine
Here are the answers to the questions I received:
How did you choose the name of your blog?
I was pregnant at the time when I “hung my first Digital Shingle”, and it was my Facebook page called “Hey Mami – Mom and baby stuff”. Later when I realised I wanted to start a blog, I tried to find a name which encompassed pregnancy, birth and everything after that, because I found that in each stage of my motherhood, I learnt so much that I wanted to share with other mothers. I then rebranded. “Journey with Mum” embraces everything that a woman goes through in all the stages of being a woman, a wife and a mother.
- What do you do to relax?
I have a long shower, sleep or if none of the former is possible, which most of the time it is not, I boil the kettle a million times until I can get a chance to make myself a cup of tea and I block out all the chaos for the 5 minutes it takes me to drink the cup of tea. Oh and I play outside with my kids : )
- What do you love most about blogging?
I love meeting new people and interacting with other bloggers, and I have a lot of fun with all the technical aspects that goes into it: the web development, the creation of graphics etc #nerdforlife
- What is your dream destination and why?
I would love to go to Mauritius or Thailand, something about the whole “white sands, blue water” notion really gets me excited. A glass bottomed ship would go perfectly with that.
- What is the first item on your bucket list?
It was to start a blog!! And Voila, I set myself a go – live date which I really doubted I would ever stick to, and surprised myself by going live earlier!
- What three things can you not live without?
Lipgloss, eyepencil and tea #teaunderstands #teadoesntasksillyyquestions
- What is your favourite movie or book and why?
I Capture the Castle. A comical book I read in primary school about a family and their life and adventures in a ruined castle, written by the author of 101 Dalmations, Dodi Smith. It is a captivating story which makes me appreciate what I have.
- Monochrome or pops of colour?
As much as I love looking at pops of colour, and I think “OMW she looks so pretty in all those colours, I wish I could pull that off!!”, I am the one who always ends up going monochrome and when I say monochrome I mean black… But then again, black is sexy so I don’t mind ; )
- Who keeps you motivated and inspired?
Hubster for sure, he is the only one who gets me, and is always encouraging me to achieve more than I think I can.
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
Sunday drives to the beach, and buying fresh bread at the bakery, then sitting on the back seat digging holes in the bread and eating it while it was still warm : )
- If you had to swap places with someone for one day, who would it be and why?
I think I would be no one else but me. Other people’s live always seem so much more glamorous than they actually are.
MY LIST OF NOMINEES:
The rules seem to differ ever so slightly in different posts that I have read, and it is not always possible to see how many followers a blog has, so I decided to nominate those who have not been nominated before, and are fairly new on the scene, and have motivated or inspired me in some way. I have also tried to choose a mix of blogs from different catagories and countries. For more Information about this award and for some more images of the award check out this post. Aaaaand here we go!!
Luchae Williams, My spreadsheet brain
Kelly Hoggons, Velvet and Vibranium
Sam Posselt, Sam Posselt
Megan Richards, The Authentic Girl
Ashley Knight, The Ashley Knight Company
Andrea Barras, Bird & Design
Fawzia Aldjazair (Rouabhi) The Deliberate Living Movement
Fazeela George, Dhillon Deeds
Elna Cain, Twins Mommy
Rhodha Slamang Combrinck, Oohnagi
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
- If you were in a witness protection program, what would be your new name and where would you go?
- What is one thing you refuse to share?
- What are two things you would do if you woke up to find yourself completely invisible
- What is your favorite smell?
- If you could deliver a speech to the entire world, what would you say?
- Describe your own personal heaven
- What insect do you wish would completely go extinct?
- You’re in prison with a life sentence, what was your crime?
- What kind of phone was your first cell phone?
- If you were about to be executed what five foods would have as your last meal?
- What 1 piece of golden advice would you give to bloggers/online entrepeneurs?
Some of the questions from Quirky Boho Mama.
Image credit: Adashofsalter.com
I can’t wait to read all of your posts, and don’t forget to leave your link in the comments below ladies!!